Gonorrhea is a common sexually transmitted disease in the United States since more than a decade now.
According to a report published in CNN, and data revealed in a National STD Prevention Conference conducted recently in Washington, in 2017, around 2.3 million cases were reported of Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and Syphilis alone.
This means that roughly around 0.76 Million people are alone infected by Gonorrhea according to the statistics.
The numbers keep on increasing every year which directly indicates that there is a large portion of the population unaware of their STD diagnosis.
In order to keep yourself out of the numbers, it is important to know everything about Gonorrhea and Gonorrhea Testing.
Gonorrhea Testing and Facts
Women who are sexually active and come in age group of 15-25 are required to undergo a Gonorrhea or a Panel Test, at least annually in order to save themselves from further complications like cancer, HIV and organ failure.
For better understanding of Gonorrhoea, here are some quick and integral facts about the disease:
- Gonorrhea is an infection that appears in the genital tract of the body.
- Gonorrhea does not spread through physical touch of any sorts like hugging, kissing, and eating together. However, in case an individual is using the same needles as the person infected from Gonorrhea, then the chances are higher of transmission.
- Since 2015, super gonorrhoea is on the rise, which means that this type of Gonorrhea infection is resistant to treatment pursued in case of simple Gonorrhea. Super Gonorrhea has no cure, as yet.
- In case Gonorrhea goes undiagnosed and untreated, then it can lead to permanent infertility in men and women both.
Benefits of Gonorrhoea Testing and early detection:
- In case Gonorrhea goes undiagnosed and untreated then it can lead to Disseminated Gonococcal Infection (DGI), which means that with an early diagnosis, one can lead a healthy lifestyle.
- You can save yourself from further Gonorrhea lead complications like Cancer, Severe skin allergies, Permanent blindness and DGI as mentioned above.
FDA-Approved Gonorrhea Tests
This is a simple test, that requires only urine sample and takes only 5 minutes in conducting the whole process. The test results are revealed within 2-3 business days. The whole cost of the test is $89 USD.
Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Test
This package reveals either of the infection and costs at $129 USD. The results are revealed within 2-3 business days. No swabbing or uncomfortable encounters are required, only a small urine test reveals the exposure.
10 Panel Test
10 Panel Test reveals the following infections
- Herpes 1 and 2
- HIV 1 & 2
- Hepatitis A, B and C
10 Panel Test with HIV RNA
This test include all the test that comes with a panel test, along with HIV RNA test for HIV early detection. The costs of the whole package is $349 USD.
How does Gonorrhea testing work?
Order Your Test
Choose from the tests available for Gonorrhea & Order online.
Visit Test Center
Find a test center using your zip code and visit the test center.
Get your results in your online account in 1-2 days.
- Order: The first step involved ordering of the test. You can book with us online and offline as well.
- Visitation: Without the hassle of paperwork, long queues, waiting time, and appointment regulations, you can visit our center at the address mentioned at the site.
- Results: You can get your results within 1-2 business days of Test.
Our Tests Includes
- Doctor Consultation
- Strict confidentiality agreements
- Faster results
- FDA-approved tests conducted in CLIA-certified labs
- Medical Advisors available 24x7
Early Gonorrhoea Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore
Below are some early signs & symptoms of Gonorrhea in Women and Men.
- Vaginal bleeding in between the periods
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
- Chills and fever
- Swelling or joint pain
- Heel tendons and painful wrist
- Skin rash
- Inflamed eye
- Pelvic or Abdominal pain
- Pain while urinating
- Vaginal discharge more than usual
- Rectal pain, discharge, or even bleeding
- Painful and frequent urination
- Scrotal or Testicular pain
- Itching and burning around the opening of the penis
- Sore throat
What are the types of Gonorrhoea tests?
Nucleic Acid Amplification (NAA): The NAA test usually finds the DNA of gonorrhea bacteria hiding inside the system. This type of test is known to have the lowest number of false-positives.
Urine samples (Widely Used): A small portion of urine is being taken and then tested in the labs in order to find Gonorrhea bacteria.
Swab cultures: Usually Endocervical swab (women), Pharyngeal swab, Male urethral swab, Rectal swab, and Vaginal swab is taken in order to validate the bacteria. Swab testing is not pursued on a wide scale.
Who should get tested for Gonorrhea?
- You are in a habit of using illegal drugs.
- You use and share needles (for drugs)
- You are a participant of active sexual lifestyle, and have more than one sexual partners.
- You practice unprotected sex, anal sex and oral sex.
- You have been earlier diagnosed of any other STD.
- You come in the age group of 15-25 years, specially women.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I get tested for Gonorrhoea?
Yes, if you come in age group of 15-25/have active sexual lifestyle/perform unprotected sex (anal and oral sex)/ take illegal drugs, then it is important to undergo a Gonorrhea test.
Where can I get tested for Gonorrhoea?
Since Gonorrhea can be many times be mistaken for bladder infection, it is necessary to have a regular urine test in order to confirm the diagnosis.
Does the Gonorrhoea Test use a blood or urine sample?
Gonorrhea Test takes a small urine sample, a swab from vagina and penis. No Blood test is required for Gonorrhea.
What is the window period for Gonorrhoea testing?
It is recommended that within 2-6 days of exposure, you must undergo a Gonorrhea test.
How long does Gonorrhoea testing take?
It takes only 2-4 business days to reveal the infection.
How much Gonorrhoea test cost?
A Gonorrhea test can cost anything in between 34 USD to 151 USD. Prices also depends on clinics.
Can Gonorrhoea be cured or treated?
Yes, Gonorrhea can be treated if it is diagnosed at the right time and proper treatment is being followed.
What should I expect when I go in for an Gonorrhoea test?
If you fall into the category of “Who should get tested for Gonorrhea?” the you should be prepared to face a strong probability of Gonorrhea exposure.
What does Gonorrhoea positive/negative results means?
A positive test reveals that your body has been exposed to Gonorrhea infection on the other hand, a negative from the test, reveals that you are clear from the infection. In case you get a positive, our doctors will be available 24x7 for immediate consultation and would guide you further in the process.
Should pregnant women get tested for Gonorrhoea?
It becomes more important to get yourself checked for Gonorrhea as in case you are pregnant it can unleash a deadly impact on the new born baby.