Did you know you can get tested for Chlamydia 1-5 days post exposure.
Chlamydia, caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, is extremely prevalent in the United States since the year 1994, specially among women.
As recorded by CDC, Chlamydia is increased in dominance in the United States by 47.4% since 2015.
Chlamydia, is known to hit primarily women of age 16-24 for which lack of awareness and unusual/unprotected sex activities are held responsible.
Here is all that you need to know about Chlamydia and Chlamydia testing.
How Chlamydia is Tested in Females and Males
We test for Chlamydia in females and males using our FDA-approved urine test, known as Nucleic Acid Amplification (NAA) test. NAA is the most accurate Chlamydia test available today in the market, that looks for the Chlamydia trachomatis bacterium in urine..
It should be noted that Chlamydia is not a serious infection, but in case it is ignored and remain undiagnosed, then the infection can have long term consequences as it can affect infertility both in men and women.
The symptoms of Chlamydia usually takes 1-3 weeks to reveal the infection and in case it goes ignored, then the disease can threaten lifestyle going further. Hence, it is important to have a Chlamydia Test.
FDA-Approved Chlamydia Test
The Urine test takes only 5 minutes and results are revealed within 1-2 business days. Chlamydia test costs $89.
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Test
The test is known as Nucleic Acid Amplification or NAA test which finds out both the Chlamydia and Gonorrhea bacteria. The test only requires a small urine sample, and the results are revealed within 1-2 business days. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea test costs at $129.
10 Panel Test
10 Panel Test reveals the following infections:
- HIV Type 1 and 2
- Herpes 1 and 2
- Hepatitis A, B and C
10 Panel test costs at $198 and the results are revealed within 2-3 business days.
10 Panel Test with HIV RNA
The Test will reveal any STD infection and will clear HIV RNA exposure as well. 10 Panel Test with HIV RNA costs $349.
Our tests include:
- Doctor Consultation
- Strict confidentiality agreements
- Faster results
- FDA-approved tests conducted in CLIA-certified labs
- Medical Advisors available 24x7
How does Chlamydia testing work?
Order Your Test
Choose from the tests available for Chlamydia & Order online.
Visit Test Center
Find a test center using your zip code and visit the test center.
Get your results in your online account in 1-2 days.
- Order: The first step involved ordering of the test. You can book with us online and offline as well.
- Visitation: Without the hassle of paperwork, long queues, waiting time, and appointment regulations, you can visit our center at the address mentioned at the site.
- Results: You can get your results within 1-2 business days of Test.
Benefits of Chlamydia Testing and early detection
- Earlier screening of Chlamydia helps one secure from silent chlamydial pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Timely diagnosis helps pregnant women get secure from perinatal and postpartum complications which can further threaten the newborn’s life.
- People who are aware of their STD status can pursue a healthy sexual lifestyle and save their partners from getting infected.
- Like it is said, prevention is better than cure, early diagnosis will help one save himself/herself from Chlamydia complications which includes cancer and HIV.
For better understanding of Chlamydia, here are some quick and integral facts about the disease:
- It does not spread by physical touch, but only spreads when there is a sexual intercourse.
- Chlamydia infection creates a sensitivity in the system which means that it can return again.
- In order to remove the infection from the body, it is important to follow proper treatment process as it might get difficult to remove the bacteria.
- Unprotected sex increases the risks of Chlamydia.
- The first sign of Chlamydia is usually a feeling of burning experienced while urinating and a mild to severe abdominal pain.
- Chances of acquiring Chlamydia is high when you have multiple sex partners, and practice unprotected sexual activity.
Who Should Get Tested for Chlamydia?
- You are habitual of using illegal drugs, also sharing with needles.
- You are a participant of active sexual lifestyle, and have multiple sex partners.
- You practice unprotected sex, oral sex and anal sex.
- You have been earlier diagnosed of TB, Hepatitis and any other STD.
- You come in the age group of 15-25 years, specially women.
Early Chlamydia Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore
- Bleeding between periods
- Pain during sex
- Lower bellyache
- Pain during urination
- Nausea and Fever
- Lower back pain
- Sore throat
- Abnormal vaginal discharge with also a differentiated odor
- Testicular swelling and pain
- Abnormal penile discharge which can look like thick, milky or watery, yellow-white like substance. .
- Inflamed eye
- Rectal pain, discharge or even bleeding
Chlamydia - Frequently Asked Questions
Should I get tested for Chlamydia?
Yes, you should! Early detection eliminates the probability of Chlamydia led complications.
Where can I get tested for Chlamydia?
Almost all health care center present in US have a provision for STD Testing, but you can also book a test with us, or visit our center for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Does the Chlamydia Test use a blood or urine sample?
Chlamydia Test uses only requires urine sample and sometimes swab from the infected area.
What is the window period for Chlamydia testing?
You can get tested for Chlamydia 24 hours - 5 days post exposure. That means, Chlamydia window period is 1-5 days.
How long does Chlamydia testing take?
Chlamydia Testing takes only 15 minutes, and the results take 1-2 business days to confirm the exposure.
How much Chlamydia test cost?
Chlamydia Test costs $89 USD.
Can Chlamydia be cured or treated?
Chlamydia can be cured only of it is diagnosed on time. However, it can be difficult to get rid of the bacteria, as the treatment, only deactivates it, which means it can get reactivated after some time depending upon lifestyle pursual.
What should I expect when I go in for an Chlamydia test?
When you visit our STD testing center, we will require your urine sample. Your results will be emailed to you in 1-2 business days. If your results comes our positive, we will schedule a consultation visit with our doctor.
What does Chlamydia positive/negative results means?
A Chlamydia positive reveals that the body has been exposed to the Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria while a negative means, that you are free from the infection.
Should pregnant women get tested for Chlamydia?
Yes, Chlamydia can easily pass from the mother to the child during pregnancy, while giving birth and also till the child is 2-3 years old.