HIV Early Detection Test - Get Tested Today
Over 20 million new STD cases occur every year in the United States.
Don't ignore your sexual health. Get tested today.
- FDA approved test
- Affordable Pricing
- Rapid HIV testing with results in 1-2 days
- Same day HIV testing also available
- 100% confidential STD testing
- Over 4500 test centers across the united states
HIV RNA Test Accuracy
HIV RNA tests are usually 99.68% accurate and are considered to be the most accurate HIV test in today’s medical world. There are other HIV tests as well, but they are usually followed by HIV RNA test in order to confirm the diagnosis as many medical practitioners, recommend a combination of HIV tests for a more accurate treatment.
Since a false positive scare is always there, it is advised that after confirming a result with HIV RNA, you can take an Antibody/Antigen test as well. More, you can have a gap of a decided time (as consulted by your doctor) and then take an HIV RNA test or Antigen test in order to be sure the final time.
This is also a reason as to why a combination of tests are usually advised by various clinics and doctors so as there are no false hopes or false traumas. With increase and improvement in medical innovation, HIV RNA tests are usually trusted for a final diagnosis. Although, you can consult with our doctors or medical practitioners and ask them with questions so as you can have your doubts about your test clear. They are available 24x7 for your assistance.
HIV RNA Test Window Period
Since HIV progresses in stages, it is necessary to understand the level of symptoms you have. In case there is a fresh or new exposure then within 2-8 days, you can get an Antigen or an HIV RNA test even. However, as per your symptoms status, your doctor might advise you to conduct tests in combinations in order to confirm that you are HIV positive. A proper diagnosis can help your doctor decide a treatment plan, give prescriptions, advice therapy and decide a further course of action.
Below mentioned are stage wise tests, which can help you decide your action plan on symptoms.
- Antibody Screening Tests: This is the basic HIV test which can be conducted within 2-8 weeks of virus exposure.
- RNA Test: HIV RNA test can be conducted without recommendation within 9-11 days of exposure.
- Antibody/Antigen Combination Tests: Antigen test is usually conducted from 3 weeks to 3 months of virus exposure.
How does HIV RNA Testing Works?
We have around 4500 clinics in USA, and you can get connected with us, online or book with us telephonically. Our medical counsellors will get in touch with you and finalize the date and time for your test, and then you can proceed with the next steps. Here is a small brief of what you can do to get an HIV RNA test with us:
- Order: The first step is ordering the test. You can book your tests with through the email, telephonically or online as well.
- Visitation: No inconvenience of paperwork, no waiting time, no long queues, and no appointment policies, you can easily visit our clinic at the address mentioned on our website.
- Results: Within 24-48 hours, we will release your results on your email or your postal address, either of which suggested by you.
Our tests include:
Doctor Consultation: Our doctors are well-qualified and have years of medical experience. Upon receiving a positive, a proper treatment plan can be created and further course of action can be decided.
Strict confidentiality agreements: We understand social and cultural issues attached to any STD, which is why we maintain strict confidentiality agreements with our patients. We adopt almost negligible paperwork which saves times and complications involved.
Faster results: We provide you with results within 24-48 hours. We can either mail you the results or post it to your address, upon your approval.
FDA-approved tests conducted in CLIA-certified labs: All our tests are FDA approved.
Medical Advisors available 24x7: We understand that a positive in an HIV RNA test can be mentally challenging, which is why we have medical advisors who are available 24x7 to assist you with any questions you might have.
The importance of HIV early detection?
- With an early detection, the virus is less likely to spread as it responds to treatment well. The chances of HIV spreading gets reduced and an individual can lead a healthy and longer life.
- HIV positive people know their status and are less likely to transmit it to their partner. This promotes a healthy and safe lifestyle both for the patient and for their partner as well.
- Anti-HIV medications react better in case an early detection of HIV happens.
- With early detection anyone with HIV can live a longer life at higher CD4 levels as well.
- HIV positive individual is less likely to engage in high-risk behaviour.
- A pregnant HIV mother upon timely diagnosis is less likely to transmit the infection to the unborn child and can reduce the complications for the child in future.
- Early detection reduces the chances of HIV progressing into AIDS which can drastically destroy the immunity system of any individual further increasing risks of opportune diseases.
- ART or Antiretroviral therapy is able to curb the HIV virus in a much better fashion if there is a timely diagnosis.
Symptoms Of HIV
Early HIV Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore
- Nausea, and Fatigue
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Mouth Ulcers
- Vaginal infections, like bacterial vaginosis and other yeast infections.
- Infection around the Penis area
- Night sweats, Vomiting
- joint pain and Muscle aches
- Body rash, Fever
- Sore throat, and severe headaches
- Vomiting, Fever, and Flu-like illness.
- Sore throat, Severe headaches and Body rash
- Nausea, Fatigue
- Muscle aches and joint pain
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Ulcers in genitals and in mouth
- Night sweats
AIDS Symptoms in Men and Women:
- Vomiting, Nausea, anf rapid weight loss
- Continuous diarrhea
- Mouth Sores
- Flu-like illness
- Recurring fever and chills
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Vaginal infections, like yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis.
- Infections around the penis area.
- Recurring night sweats
- Regular swelling of lymph nodes
- Difficulty in breathing and consistent coughing
- Neurological disorders like numbness in hands and feet.
Complications caused by HIV or infections common to HIV:
- Neurological complications
- Kaposi's sarcoma
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Kidney disease
- Cryptococcal meningitis
- Other STDs than can appear during AIDS.
Different Types of HIV Tests and Which one is right for you
Antibody Screening Tests: After an HIV exposure, the body is known to respond to the virus by creating a protein, i.e within 2-8 weeks of exposure. Antibody Screening test is one of the most common HIV testing method and is adopted by nearly every clinic in USA.
RNA Test: The RNA test reveals the HIV virus itself, conducted within 20 days of exposure. RNA test is usually conducted later in order to confirm the diagnosis. Since few years, HIV RNA has gained popularity for its fast, and accurate results, which is why many medical practitioners today are slowly and gradually moving towards HIV RNA testing even at the early stage of exposure. It gives a proper diagnosis on the basis of which an adequate treatment plan can be followed.
In-Home Test Kits: Home Test kits are popular but many people have reported a false negative obtained from the kits. In-home test kits are popular for false positive and negatives and is used by majority of population, but it should be noted that HIV diagnosis cannot be predicted based on Home Based Test kits.
Antibody/Antigen Combination Tests: The blood test will reveal HIV antigens also known as p24, and HIV antibodies. Antigen Combination Test is usually conducted from 3 weeks to 3 months of virus exposure and is not that widely used by many clinics since the time HIV RNA has been accepted for its results.
HIV RNA Test vs 4th Generation HIV Test
HIV 4th Generation Antibody Test: The 4th generation HIV test is known for its 100 % sensitivity when it comes to accuracy. The 4th Generation test is usually not the first option for many medical practitioners as it is considered to be the last resort when there are conflicting results. The window period of HIV 4th Generation Test is known to be 2-3 weeks from the day of exposure as by that time, many people with the infection inhabit detectable antibodies in their systems.
Along with scanning antibodies present inside the system created in response to the virus, the 4th generation HIV test, hunts for HIV p24 antigens present in the system as well. The HIV p24 antigens are the viral proteins that covers the entire core of the HIV virus. Since p24 antigens surface at the beginning of the virus exposure, tests that are sensitive to them are conducted at the earlier stage. In case there is a negative, then a follow up test is conducted in order to confirm the negative. In case there is a positive in the second test, then the 4th Generation HIV test is conducted.
The main difference in 4th Generation test and HIV RNA is that one looks for the antigens and the other hunts for the genetic material present inside the bloodstream. There is no preference of these tests over one another as they fulfil different agendas. HIV RNA is conducted within the early stage of the diagnosis and 4th Generation is conducted at the later stage of the exposure i.e. upto 3rd week.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do If HIV RNA Test comes out positive?
In case you get a positive in your HIV RNA test then our doctors will assist you with a treatment plan which will be created on the basis of your diagnosis result. There is no need of worry as HIV if detected on time can be properly controlled and a healthy and longer lifestyle can be adopted.
Is HIV RNA Test FDA approved?
Yes, the HIV RNA test offered by STDCheck.Com is FDA approved.
How reliable is an HIV RNA Test?
HIV RNA test is 99% accurate as compared to other HIV tests. At times, doctors might advise you to take an HIV test through two different techniques in order to affirm a positive. But with HIV RNA, accurate diagnosis can be done in one attempt and in a short span of 5 minutes.
How long does it take to get HIV RNA test results?
HIV RNA test only takes 5 minutes. The blood test usually takes 5-7 minutes and results are declared within 24-48 hours from the test.
How conclusive is HIV RNA test?
HIV RNA test is 99.68% accurate i.e slightly less than the laboratory test.
How soon can I take HIV RNA test after possible exposure?
HIV RNA test can be taken within 9-11 days of virus exposure. However, many medical practitioners might recommend it within 3 weeks of exposure, but with its accuracy, it is now advised that it should be taken within 9-11 days.
How to get HIV RNA test results?
If you book an HIV RNA test with us, then we will deliver the test results to you online within 24-48 hours.